Friday, November 10, 2006

Being a father


Today morning my friend called me and said he became father of a handsome son. He was very excited, I was thinking what would be his face reaction at that time. Two years back I happened to be with my friend, his wife gave birth to a boy in India and they sent him the photos. I was with him when he first saw his son (in photo). I was able to see his feelings in his eyes, I asked him "What is it like, to be a father". He replied "Something you cannot tell, you have to just feel". The same light I saw in his eyes should have been in my father eyes when he first saw me. That very thought made me happy.

Father & son relationship is like a country side drive some time you hit bumpy roads some times you get beautiful views. It is not always a smooth ride but sure is a hell of a experience. You sure cannot say what you are going see next.

As a kid, the first hero is his father. He tries to walk in the steps of him and he likes to behave like him. But as the day passes there is a friction in the relationship especially during adolescent ages. This relationship takes two cycles first you hate him, you know him, you love him, you admire him, you hate him, you know him, you love him and you admire. First cycle of love and admire comes in your child hood and second cycle of love and admire comes once you become a father. At that time we know what it is to be father and appreciate what our father did to us.

Is it the first day of school, first day of college, first day of employment, your first journey outside home town, your first vehicle, your first property, your first home. In all of our first there is a big contribution from a father. With father it is an unexpressed bond, we always say we love our mom, with father we love with respect. We don't express frankly but still we do care about them.

Next time we see our father let us say "Dad, I love you. I am grateful for what you have done to me so far"

6 Comments:

Blogger Seenivasan said...

ssssh....'Thavamai Thavamirundhu' movie partha effect.

Enna barani veetla edhum visesama?!

What about a father & daughter relationship? is it as great as a father & son?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

Seeni, no news from my side. When I heard kicha became father, I cannot resist thinking about fatherhood. I happened to write about father - son because I can feel it. Father - Daughter is also fine, but it is mostly smooth. Father & son has frequent ups and down unlike father - daughter that makes it more interesting. May be girl can write about father - daughter relationship, that might be appropriate.

can anyone??

12:12 PM  
Blogger Arasan said...

Barani, you are a very good narrator machi! Keep it up!

Article on Father-Son relationship, that’s an Interesting thought Barani. I am a great admirer of my Dad. Some of my thought processes are just a result of my Dad’s influence.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

Thanks for the appreciation. I have lot of impact by my father in way I narrate.

I happened to read the below saying recently

" When you start thinking your father is right, you will have a son who thinks you are wrong"

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

barani .. Did I say that? I dont remember saying. but, yes it was indeed a great moment. In the months to come we can expect many such comments from the father-to-be's ..:-)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

Balraj, it happens sometimes. We might say something which may create a big impact on others with out a clue about it. Those were golden words for me Bals.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home