Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Grandma and my home grown tomato

I bought a tomato plant from Walmart. I watered it , manured it and took care of it. After a month there was a shining red tomato. I plucked it but never wanted to cut it. I kept in fridge and watched it every day.

My grandparents (mother's) were rich when I was young. Those days agriculture flourished. My uncle wanted to study but my grandma never allowed as he need to go out of town. Grandma nourished and took care of him but never allowed him to go away from her. Grandma died, my uncle is struggling his life with agriculture and heavy loans. He often scolds his mother for not allowing him to achieve his purpose.
I decided to cut and use the tomato.


8 Comments:

Blogger Siva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Siva said...

Incidentally, I am doing the same thing - trying to grow a tomato plant. But I started from my own seeds :-). So still waiting to see a fruit in it.

Tomato vaichu oru kathai sollittiye mama. But what you said is true - lot of parents tend to cocoon their kids. It is truly sad when it deprives someone of education.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Seenivasan said...

That's right siva. I told my wife that i am going to bring up my child like Adam Sandler brings up the kid in 'Big Daddy'.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

@Siva, you are right. Parents blind love is like poison which may cause serious impact on the child and society

8:36 PM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

@Seeni, way to go. It is always better if parent act as guide, rather than enforcer

8:37 PM  
Blogger Siva said...

I haven't seen Big Daddy. I will try to find the dvd.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Arasan said...

But Why did you buy a tomato plant for cooking! you should have bought a normal tomato Mama...Lol

5:03 PM  
Blogger Baranidharan said...

Job satisfaction buddy

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home